FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

0.83a

<<

knurf

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 am

0.83a

A minor maintenance release, but not without important changes ...

Biggest changes in this are probably slightly nurfed biowaste sentry and machete now has a usage limit. On the upside, targeting has been further improved for regular sentries and a crash bug has been fixed. It should also be a little easier to get scrap metal drops now.

The machete limitation is pretty kind, and the shop currently has an dull-machete-exchange program going, where a fully used up machete can be sold for the same price as a new one. Thus, getting a new knife with a trade in blade will cost you a measly $500. The limitation is mainly to reduce the amount of (unrealistic) destruction players can cause on walls, using only a infinite machete.

- Robot adjustments to make it less prone to give up and the flame-thing a bit more powerful.
- Biowaste grenades deal less damage, their main purpose is to slow down enemies
- Targeting further improved for sentries, now works even better especially against robots.
- Fixed a crash bug that occured if a (firing) homing sentry was placed on rails
- Fixed a few issues with the online user status system (not in public use yet)
- Scrap metal is dropped by laser robots and entry level robots, nuker and shotgun robots drop the cpu.
- The register now sign on the login screen stopped working, it has been fixed.
- The shotgun (Reverend) deals a bit more damage per shot.
- The machete has a usage limitation, then a new one must be bought.
<<

FrozenOne

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

Re: 0.83a

Very nice now! Sentries now target even better than i imagined.

For the logic's sake, i'd suggest considering following:
-machette should not get damaged by just swinging in the air
-shithrowers damage could be better reduced by just that multiple goo do not stack
-scrap metal and cpu's could both drop from all robot types, just with increasing cpu probability for better bots
<<

Wotaod

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:10 pm

FrozenOne wrote:-machette should not get damaged by just swinging in the air
-shithrowers damage could be better reduced by just that multiple goo do not stack
-scrap metal and cpu's could both drop from all robot types, just with increasing cpu probability for better bots

Agreed, especially with machetes. I think damage should only be incurred when hitting a 'solid' item. Trees, slimes, players, harvest plants, and especially air should not cause wear on the machete. Walls, sentries, mechs, and beetles (because of their exoskeleton) should cause wear as normal.
Farm Fortress Forum Moderator
<<

knurf

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Yeah, I agree. The air should not wear it out. I will fix that, it was just very easy to implement it as ammunition, and ammo counting usually is not depending on wherever you hit or miss the target...

In the mean while, don't swing around the machete in the air!
<<

Sivuden

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Awesome!!
<<

Sivuden

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Feedback: The turrets aim well, and I'm pleased with how reactive they are to shooting past corners- but the problem is, their shots should be just passing the corner of the wall, but somehow they're still hitting the walls hitboxes. :P

edit: So far just Plasma has this problem, possibly anti-mech (laser? :P ) turrets as well.
<<

knurf

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah, I know, used to be like that with plasma, but I thought I fixed it now :) I'll check it again!
<<

mudflips

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:15 am

Targeting is now amazing, thanks so much for this fix.

The flame-thing is really powerful now, robots are able to destroy hardened walls in just 2 flame attacks!
Username: derp

Return to Updates